So, for lent I decided to give up social networking such as Facebook and along with that, not having meat on Fridays except for seafood. I enjoy most dishes with meat in it so sometimes its hard for me to watch people grubbing on steak or chicken wings while I have to eat veggies and fish.
This last Friday I hung out with my friend Vicky. We had a fun night -- cooked, play Just Dance 3 (Yeah!!) and had a couple of beers. And since I wasn't able to have meat we went to the store and bought some salmon fillets and a box of Rice-a-roni Long grain and Wild Rice. It was nice and easy to make and amazingly delicious.
For the Rice-a-roni we just used the rice cooker to make it a little easier and just poured the rice in the pot along with the seasonings, 2 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of butter. Mix it up a bit put the lid on and press the button down to cook.
For the Salmon Fillets, I seasoned them by lightly sprinkling Lawry's Seasoning Salt, Cayanne pepper, Steak Grill Seasoning and Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning. I broiled them in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. And Ta-da!!! Dinner was ready in 20 minutes. It turned out delicious and we both went, noms.
No comments:
Post a Comment